Chablis 1er Cru"Vaucoupin"
- AppellationChablis 1er Cru
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 45 years
- SoilPortlandian and Kimmeridgian limestone.
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential5-7 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°
- On the right bank of the Serein, in the commune of Chiché and its southeastern facing slopes gives this wine its very specific flavor. Combined with the soil, particular to this region (mainly Kimmeridgian) and the unique microclimate, adds to the equation of this Chablis 1er Cru.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats.
- Tasting NoteThe colour of our Chablis 1er Cru "Vaucoupins" 2022 is brilliant and pale yellow with green reflections. Its nose reveals notes of exotic fruits - particularly mango. The mouth is round and fresh and reveals aromas of exotic fruits again. Good length.
- Food PairingShellfish - fish - charcuterie - chicken - soft and hard cheese.