Pommard 1er Cru"Les Arvelets"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationPommard Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone.
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- Pommard is known the world over for its opulent red wines. Of the 120 hectares of Premiers Crus in Pommard, "Les Arvelets" only constitutes 8 hectares. The name of this parcel speaks for itself: it is land cultivated at the bottom of a small valley. Situated on a slope at about 270m above sea-level, this parcel faces directly south and sits on clay-limestone soils. The rich nature of this soil explains the excellence of this wine.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 35% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteWith a deep garnet color, our Pommard 1er Cru "Les Arvelets" offers an intense nose combining toasty, oaky and coffee notes. The mouth is rich with cherry and fruitstone aromas. There is a lot of freshness thanks to mentholated hints and a great persistency of the tannins.
- Food PairingDuck confit - beef "Bourguignon" - mature cheeses.