- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationPommard Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilClay and limestone.
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- The village of Pommard is comfortably sandwiched between the town of Beaune and the village of Volnay. The name Pommard is derived originally from the name of a Roman goddess, Pomona whose sphere of interest included fruit and gardens. The name of Pommard can also be explained by the word "Polmarlum" from old French, meaning "swamp" because Pommard is in the limit of floodplain.
Pommard 1er Cru is aged in handcrafted oak barrels made at our own cooperage. The wood helps to bring out the richness and the opulence of the wine.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 35% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur 2018 Pommard Premier Cru reveals a dark garnet-red hue with intense aromas of ripe black fruits, blueberry, and forest undergrowth. Generous in the mouth, this wine is round and silky with a slightly spicy finish.
- Food PairingDuck confit - beef "Bourguignon" - mature cheeses.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App