- AppellationMâcon Villages
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone.
- Average yield50 hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- Maison Louis Latour, in keeping with its traditional preoccupation with quality, purchases grapes from competent growers with holdings in the most esteemed vineyards in the Mâcon-Villages zone. The wine is bottled during the following spring at 'Clos Chameroy' in the outskirts of Beaune. The Mâcon-Villages "Chameroy" represents the epitome of classical white Burgundy reflecting the fusion between the noble Chardonnay grape and the calciferous terrain of the Mâcon area. It possesses a fresh, creamy bouquet which prepares the palate for the suave, billowing aftertaste.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats.
- Tasting NoteWith a pale yellow color, our Mâcon-Villages 2017 combines honeysuckle and muscat. The mouth is round and gourmet. We can identify again musky flavors.
- Food PairingShellfish - fish - charcuterie - Comté cheese.
- Mâcon-Villages "Chameroy" 2019 - Sommeliers Choice Awards - 90 pts
Citrus and fruity aromas of lemon zest, apple, and peach lead to a round and gourmet mouth-feel with minimal acidity on the palate.
- Mâcon-Villages "Chameroy" 2020 - Somm Con & The Somm Journal - Gold Medal - 2022
Wine award - Gold Medal
- Mâcon-Villages "Chameroy" 2016 - Food & Wine - February 2019 - USA - "Drink These 25 Wines to Be a Chardonnay Expert"
From the Mâconnais, a rocky region in southern Burgundy, comes this yellow apple, citrus-kissed white with just a hint of jasmine and freshly baked bread on the finish. (by Jonathan Cristaldi)
- Mâcon-Villages "Chameroy" 2016 - Wine Spectator - December 2018 - 89/100
Inviting aromas of spring blossom, lemon and wet stone introduce this supple white. Rich yet delicate, with a kiss of oak for depth.
- Mâcon-Villages "Chameroy" 2015 - Wine Spectator - October 2017 - 89/100Pure and fruity, this balanced white boasts flavors of apple, melon and lemon cake, with a light touch of spice.
- Mâcon-Villages "Chameroy" 2013 - Dorset Echo - December 2015 - "Uplifting and refreshing"
This classic Burgundy blonde displays a beautiful bouquet of ripe, white fruits and an elegant round palate with hints of pear and tropical fruit. Uplifting and refreshing. By Catherine Bolado (UK)
- 2006 Mâcon-Village Chameroy - Jancis Robinson – February 2008 – 15.5 points :Grassy and a note of green apples. Dry, cedary, crisp but a little hard and hot at the end. Drink 2008-10.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App