Côte de Nuits-Villages
- RegionCôte de Nuits
- VillageCôte de Nuits-Villages
- AppellationCôte de Nuits-Villages
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone.
- Average yield50 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-8 years
- Serving temperature 14-15°
- Our Côte de Nuits-Villages encompasses the villages of Premeaux-Prissey, Comblanchien, and Corgoloin just south of Nuits-Saint-Georges. The vineyards benefit from east-facing hill-slopes which act as a sun-trap to create maximum ripeness in the grapes. The complex soil composition of these villages include varying proportions of marl and shale clays which produce wines of great character and charm. Maison Louis Latour's Côte de Nuits-Villages is an excellent introduction to the wines of the Côte de Nuits.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats, 100% malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels.
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted.
- Tasting NoteOur Côte de Nuits-Villages 2021 reveals a nice ruby color. The nose offers aromas of blackberry, undergrowth, and clove. Its tannins are supple. Nice length in the mouth.
- Food PairingGrilled meat - charcuterie - meat terrine - cheese.
- Côte de Nuits-Villages 2018 - Burghound.com, Allen Meadows - Spring 2020 - "Attractively textured and caressing flavors"
A discreet touch of wood sets off liqueur-like aromas of plum, earth and the sauvage. The attractively textured and caressing flavors retain reasonable verve on the supple, lightly rustic and lingering finish ...
- Côte de Nuits-Villages 2014 - Wine Enthusiast - October 2016 - 87/100
From vineyards at the south end of the Côte de Nuits, this is a fruity, crisp wine with attractive ready-to-drink fruit flavors. The aftertaste is tight and packed with acidity.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App