Pouilly-Fuissé 1er Cru
- AppellationPouilly-Fuissé 1er Cru
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilLimestone, heavy clay
- Average yield50 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°C
- Pouilly-Fuissé is the name of a village in the Mâconnais producing highly distinctive white wines. The unique 'terroir' of this vineyard is composed of limestone and heavy clay soils. Since 2020, the French government has validated the decision of the INAO to recognize the classification of 22 climates of Pouilly-Fuissé as 1er Cru. Our Pouilly-Fuissé 1er Cru is a blend of several selected plots.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months, 10 to 15% in new oak barrels, the rest in stainless steel vats
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Pouilly-Fuissé 1er Cru 2022 has a brilliant pale gold color. Its intense and complex nose reveals notes of acacia, lime blossom, vanilla as well as apricot. On the palate, it is full-bodied and smooth, with hints of apricot, vanilla, fresh hazelnut and honey. Nice length on the palate.
- Food PairingShellfish - skate - charcuterie - reblochon cheese