- RegionCôte de Beaune
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- Located not far west of Chassagne-Montrachet, the village of Saint-Aubin produces distinguished red and white wines with very good quality for money. For a long time Saint-Aubin appellation stayed in the shadow of its illustrious neighbors. Saint-Aubin is a terroir to discover for its outstanding qualities and its attractive price.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOf a deep ruby color, our Saint-Aubin Rouge 2020 reveals a complex and intense nose with notes of raspberry, undergrowth and licorice. Its mouth is ample and displays aromas of cherry and, again, licorice. Nice length in the mouth and supple tannins.
- Food PairingBeef "Bourguignon" - roast pork in sauce - pan-fried foie gras - Bleu d'Auvergne