- VillageCrus du Beaujolais
- Grape varietyGamay
- Average vine age 50 years
- SoilSiliceous clay
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential5 years
- Serving temperature 13-15°
- Saint Amour is one of the 10 great wines of the Beaujolais Crus, but also the smallest appellation (only 5% of all the crus). The village of Saint-Amour-Bellevue is located in the Saône-et-Loire, at the northern edge of the Beaujolais (12km from Mâcon). This charming Beaujolais village, named for a Roman soldier 'Amor' who escaped death by converting to Christianity, celebrates Cupid at every turn, The perfect wine for St Valentine's Day!
Our Saint Amour comes from the place known as "Côte de Besset" which borders the appellation Juliénas. The plot is one of the highest in altitude, facing east with steep slopes of non-calcareous stony deposits.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels (10%)
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Saint Amour 2021 is a lovely wine with fresh and appealing red fruit aromas, hints of peony, and an interesting minerality drawned from the mainly granite soils.
- Food PairingPoultry - red meat - mature cheeses
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App