- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential2-3 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- Côte-d'Or Chardonnay vineyards from Meursault, Puligny and Chassagne provide the foundation for this wine, supplemented by the cream of Côte Chalonnaise white wines. This results in a full-fledged totally authentic white Burgundy with the consistency and finesse of the great white Villages.
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteSparkling a brilliant pale yellow color, the Bourgogne Chardonnay 2012 reveals white fruit and muscat aromas on the nose, lifted by some peppery notes. On the palate, it is round, full and generous with aromas of white fruit, laced with floral notes.
- Food PairingAperitif - shellfish - charcuterie
- Bourgogne Blanc "Cuvée Latour" 2020 - James Suckling - 91/100 pts
A bright and fragrant Bourgogne blanc with plenty of fresh lemon-blossom, white-peach and pear character. Quite full-bodied for this humble category with an attractive balance of creaminess and freshness. Pronounced dark-mineral touch at the clean finish. Drink now.
- Bourgogne Blanc "Cuvée Latour" 2014 - Uvinum - December 2016 - Mejor Vino Internacional
- Bourgogne "Cuvée Latour" 2014 - Decanter - December 2016 - Recommended
Elegant aromatics leading to a simple palate that offers charming, polished fruit.
- Bourgogne blanc "Cuvée Latour" 2009 - The World of Fine Wine - March 2011 - 16.5/20Slightly fuller color than the Mâcon. Proper Bourgogne blanc scents of the côtes. Textured, spicy, opulent but balanced fruit—a very good glass of white burgundy at a kind price. By Michael Edwards (UK).
- Bourgogne Blanc Cuvée Latour 2007 - Jamie Goode's Wineanorak - April 2010 - 87/100Nice lemon freshness to the nose. Sophisticated, fresh fruity palate with nice acidity. A very nice fruity style that's part Mâconnais and part Côte d'Or in origin.
- 2003 Bourgogne Blanc - Burghound.com - September 2005 - 83 points :(100% Côte d'Or fruit). Ripe melon and straw aromas lead to round, sweet, rich and generous flavors crafted in a forward, easy to like style. Perfectly good if not better than that. 83/now
- 2003 Bourgogne White de Louis Latour - Wine Spectator - July 31st 2006 - 86 points :Fresh and lemon-scented, this is full of lemon, lime and mineral notes. It’s fairly firm for a 2003, with a hint of grapefruit peel on the finish. Drink now through 2009. 3,200 cases made. –B.S.
- 2002 Bourgogne Blanc - Burghound.com - July 2004 - 84 points :Amelon and white flower nose complements rich but nicely detailed flavors underpinned by racy acidity and a pretty touch of minerality on the moderately persistent finish. This will be ready on release. 84/now