Bourgogne Chardonnay "La Chanfleure"
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone.
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential2-5 years
- Serving temperature 10-12°
- Chardonnay is a native grape variety of the area. Chardonnay perfectly matches the terroir of Burgundy: poor soils or calcareous marl, perfect exposure but a temperate climate. As a result, the sugar content can reach a high level while maintaining a balance of fruit and acidity.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteWith its bright gold hue, the Bourgogne Chardonnay "La Chanfleure" 2019 is very floral on the nose. The palate is fresh with aromas of almond. Nice minerality on the finish.
- Food PairingAperitif - shellfish - charcuterie - grilled fish.