- VillageCrus du Beaujolais
- Grape varietyGamay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilPink granite and schist.
- Average yield45 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 13-15°
- Fleurie is one of the 10 Crus in the Beaujolais that constitutes the highest ranking wines of the area. Fleurie is acknowledged as one of the finest Crus for growing top quality grapes because of its combination of unique soil composition and having a specific microclimate. Once harvested by hand, the fruit is fermented in whole bunches of grapes in open vats.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in stainless steel vats
- Tasting NoteFleurie is a soft, perfumed wine which marries tenderness with richness. Deliciously floral on the nose, it possesses great smoothness on the palate with a wonderful balancing acidity.
- Food PairingBayonne ham - eggs in aspic - beef Strogonoff - Osso Bucco.