- RegionCôte Chalonnaise
- Grape varietyChardonnay
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilLimestone, chalk and clay.
- Average yield45hl/ha
- Cellaring Potential3-5 years
- Serving temperature 12-14°C
- The appellation of Montagny lies approximately 30 kilometres south of Beaune in the rolling folds and hills of the southern part of the Côte Chalonnaise. Montagny is a 100% white wine appellation originating solely from Chardonnay grapes and giving a fresh white wine that is an uncomplicated representation of its parent grape variety. Louis Latour selects only those wines from grapes with a high natural sugar content which constitutes the most reliable indicator of maturity, and therefore quality. Once purchased, the wine is nurtured by the cellarmen at Maison Louis Latour who carefully rack the young Montagny off its lees in the days before bottling.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in stainless steel vats, temperature controlled with complete malolactic fermentation.
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in stainless steel vats.
- Tasting NoteOur Montagny "Les Buys" 2021 has a pale yellow color with green hues. Its nose reveals notes of fresh hazelnut, vanilla and acacia honey. Its palate, ample and round, offers notes of exotic fruits for an almost peppery final.
- Food PairingAsparagus - rabbit galantine - trout with almonds - sheeps cheese.
- Montagny "Les Buys" 2018 - Wine Enthusiast - January 2020 - 88/100A shy nose on this wine gives just a few glimpses of nutty oak. The palate is a picture of flow and ease, with ripe and easy Mirabelle fruit. It offers flow and fruit rather than texture but all is harmonious, bright and rounded.
Anne Krebiehl MW
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App