Beaune 1er Cru"Domaine Latour"
- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationBeaune Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 40 years
- SoilClay, limestone and chalk.
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- The vineyard of Beaune faces east and overlooks the city just below. Almost entirely located on a slope the vineyard has a broad diversity of climates at the Premier Cru level. Domaine Louis Latour produces this wine from the two Premier Cru vineyards of "Perrières" and "Clos du Roi". The clay, limestone soils and the ideal aspect of these vineyards consistently produce an excellent wine year after year. The relatively old vines in these vineyards produce a wine with the ability to develop with age.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 35% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Beaune 1er cru "Domaine Latour" 2017 has a deep ruby color unveiling a nose of roasted almond. The mouth is round and fresh with blackcurrant and spicy aromas. Tannins are very pleasant. Nice persistency in the mouth.
- Food PairingGame birds - poultry - mature cheeses.
- Beaune 1er Cru "Domaine Latour" 2010 - Wine Spectator - October 2013 - 92/100Broad and vivid, boasting rose, raspberry, spice, earth and mineral aromas and flavors. Dense and firm, yet also elegant, with a long, lingering aftertaste of fruit and mineral. Drink now through 2020.
- Beaune 1er Cru "Domaine Latour" 2007 - Vin Mat & Vanner - 86/100Light fruity style with raspberries and strawberries. Soft tannins with elegance.
- Beaune 1er Cru "Domaine Latour" 2006 - Jancis Robinson - February 2008 - 16/20Red fruit, a little stewed, tannins slightly dry. Fine for short term. (UK)
- 2002 Beaune 1er Cru "Domaine Latour" - Derbyshire Life - UK - June 2009:From one of the most reputable wine merchants in Burgundy, this wine exudes quality. It is light in colour but has deeply complex aromas and tastes of fresh crushed raspberries, black cherries and spice. This wine is made for beef and makes a perfect partner to Boeuf à la Bourguignonne.
- Send by email
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
Recommend this wine
Your pdf has been send with success.
In the Wine Trade? Download Louis Latour App