- RegionCôte de Nuits
- AppellationChambolle-Musigny Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 30 years
- SoilClay and limestone
- Average yield35 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- The 180 hectares of vines in the tiny village of Chambolle-Musigny are a soft interlude amongst the great vineyards of the Côte de Nuits, a moment of finesse before the masculin wines from Vougeot, Morey-Saint-Denis and Gevrey-Chambertin. Chambolle-Musigny is one of the smallest Côte d'Or appellations and produces mostly red wines. Chambolle-Musigny has 24 Premiers Crus vineyards in addition to its famous grand crus of Bonnes Mares and Musigny. The limestone soil is renowned for producing wines that are delicately scented and very elegant.
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels, 40% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteOur Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru 2016 shows a deep ruby red colour. The nose offers a lovely union between red fruits notes and peppery hints. The dense mouth reveals, all in length, a lot of freshness and subtle flavoring of raspberry.
- Food PairingMeat with gravy - mature cheeses