- RegionCôte de Beaune
- AppellationSantenay Premier Cru
- Grape varietyPinot Noir
- Average vine age 35 years
- SoilRich marl, limestone.
- Average yield40 hl/ha
- HarvestHand picked
- Cellaring Potential7-10 years
- Serving temperature 15-17°
- Santenay is the Côte d'Or's last important wine growing region, lying adjacent to and south of Chassagne-Montrachet. There are around 1,270 acres under vine, of which 99% is Pinot Noir. One third of the land is entitled to Premier Cru status. Maison Louis Latour's Santenay Permier Cru is a blend of the two best sites in Santenay, "La Comme" and "Beauregard".
Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in open vats
- Ageing10 to 12 months ageing in oak barrels
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toasted
- Tasting NoteTypically our Santenay 1er Cru possess strawberry and cherry fruit, with a pronounced mineral-like, stony, earthy character along with the scent of almonds, and good body. The wine is also capable of a long ageing.
- Food PairingRabbit terrine - beef in wine sauce - foie gras with apples - Brie cheese.